Friday, June 14, 2013

Thanks For Sharing (and 29 Weeks)

So you know how on Monday Andrew was sick?  Well, apparently his illness is the one thing that he willingly shared.  Wednesday night I slept like hell. I attributed it to pregnancy, but I think it was because I was coming down with whatever he had earlier this week.

I (stupidly) went to the office since I had already worked from home on Monday and Wednesday.  As soon as I got there I knew it was a mistake.  My whole body was starting to feel like I had been beaten with a baseball bat.  Everything ached - my head, my hips, my back - even my skin.  I stuck it out until after my 12:30 conference call and then came home.  I set my laptop on a tv tray by the couch and grabbed a pillow from the guest room. I figured I could check my email every 15 minutes or so while I rested.  I took my temp and it was a lovely 101.1.  I took some Tylenol (the only thing I really can take) and laid down.

I felt a little better by the time J got home, but was a sweaty mess.  By the time we had dinner and I did Andrew's bath the Tylenol had worn off and I was back to feeling like I'd been beaten.  Thankfully a little more Tylenol before bed let me get some sleep and I'm feeling much better today.  I have no idea what this sickness was, but holy crap I felt bad yesterday.  Almost as bad as when I had the flu two years ago.

I feel mostly ok today, but am still working from home so as not to spread it to anyone just in case I'm contagious.  Plus is was nice to get to sleep in 30 minutes longer  :)

And on to this week's check in:

How far along? 29w0d and the size of an acorn squash.  He's probably around 15 inches and 2.75 lbs now. He could be getting hiccups now (Andrew had them a lot), and his testes are developed and producing hormones.

Weight loss/gain:  Per my doctor's appt on Wednesday I'm up 28 lbs.

Maternity clothes: Mostly maternity clothes. I've been able to wear a couple non-maternity dresses that still accommodate the belly. It's my boobs that are becoming the problem - I hate how big they've gotten already. I feel Jessica Simpson-ish and just not attractive.

Symptoms:  Still constipated and my hips are killing me right now.

Sex (of baby):  It's a BOY!!!

Name: We really need to sit down and come up with a list. Then we can narrow it down and have a few options when this kid gets here and we'll decide once we see him.

Sleep: Sleep was rougher this week, but I attribute that to the fact that I got sick.  I did sleep a little better last night so I don't feel quite so awful.  I have to switch sides a lot during the night because the hip on the side that I'm laying on gets really sore.
Best moment this week? Passing my GD test and getting to hear his heartbeat again.

Movement: He's all over the place - especially when I'm trying to sleep.

Food cravings:  Fruits and veggies.

Belly button in or out?  In

What I miss?  Variety in my wardrobe.

What I'm looking forward to?  We didn't do Andrew's room last weekend, so hopefully we'll do it this time.  And the weather is supposed to be slightly nicer with less humidity so hopefully we can actually spend some time outside without dying.

Milestones:  On to the every two week appointments. Holy cow!

What I'm nervous about:  Getting Andrew prepared for this little guy.  I don't think he gets it and I want to prepare him as best as possible.  I constantly worry how this is going to impact him.

This week's pictures.  I'm working from home today due to being sick so you'll have to excuse the clothes and hair.  I'm pretty sure this is the same outfit I had on two weeks ago.




2 comments:

  1. You still look so small! Glad the illness was short lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't do weekly appts with me until 37 weeks...so every month I go and then at 37 weeks I start every week. It's so different with your care! You look more pregnant and so cute. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete