Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Another Year Older

Yep, I made it through another trip around the sun.

On Monday I turned 38. Man, that sounds old.  It means I'm inching oh so close to the big 4-0.  I think I'll remain in denial about that for a bit longer.

We "celebrated" on Saturday by going out to dinner.  My in-laws came down for the weekend so they could watch the boys for us.  I say "celebrated" because J had (has) a horrible sinus infection and wasn't up for a wild night out or anything.  That morning we had a little outing to the car show at the park while Elliot was napping.  Andrew liked looking in all the cars:



It was a beautiful day for it so we spent a couple hours there and on the playground.  That night we went out to dinner at Basil (a fun thai restaurant that we haven't been to in forever) and then went to see a movie.  It was nice to have a dinner out just the two of us, not having to worry about keeping the boys  occupied and entertained.  Date nights have been few and far between over the last year so it was good to get out, even if J felt like crap.

Monday was my actual birthday. I considered taking the day off of work, but I had too much to do and since I get Veteran's Day off I went to work.  When I woke up I'd kind of forgotten it was my birthday until I looked at the weather app on my phone and saw the date.  I wasn't expecting any sort of gift since we'd bought me a necklace a month or so ago, but J surprised me with this:


It's Andrew's birthstone (aquamarine) with some diamonds around it.  I really want to get something with both boys birthstones, but I haven't found anything yet.

I went to work as usual and then went to my Monday body pump class. When I got home Andrew was standing there with a big smile on his face and he shouted "Happy birthday mommy!  We have cake!".  J laughed and told him it was supposed to be a surprise.  Luckily the prospect of getting cake made Andrew anxious to eat his dinner so we didn't have the normal night of telling him to eat.    He was very excited at the prospect of cake:


Andrew sang to me and then helped me blow out my candles:




We all had cake (Elliot threw his on the floor) and then the boys were off to their bath to get all of the icing off of them.

While it wasn't a big birthday party or anything fancy, it was perfect for me - a lowkey evening with all of my guys.  I couldn't ask for a better way to ring in my 38th year on this planet.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! So glad everything was great!

    ReplyDelete