After last Wednesday's appointment and finding out where I'm at I was all excited thinking this kid would be arriving any time. Yeah, well it's five days later and he hasn't budged.
Every night when I go to bed I am all anxious because I really don't want my water to break in the middle of the night like it did with Andrew. The only reason is because we'll have to figure out what to do with him. My mom is going to come down to stay with him, but it's a two hour drive and I'm not calling her in the middle of the night to make the 100 mile drive. Ideally I would like labor to start after Andrew is dropped off at daycare because then we know he's somewhere that he is comfortable until my mom can get here.
I had another appointment today. After waiting for an hour I got to see Dr. Evans and it was time for another check. I'm up to 4 cm and 80% effaced. He is super low based on where she was picking up the heartbeat (and based on my lovely hip pain), but he's still in there.
She asked if we wanted to get an induction on the books and I said "Yes.". So, if this little dude refuses to vacate the premises beforehand he will be facing an eviction next Wednesday. She also offered to sweep my membranes in an effort to get things moving. I've heard it can be really uncomfortable, but I went for it and to be honest it wasn't that bad at all.
So now here I am - still waiting. I'm having some slight cramping but so far that's it. Now I'm going to go finish vacuuming the house and then I'm going to walk over to pick Andrew up from daycare. Maybe I should do some jumping jacks before I go???