Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Never Again

I totally called it yesterday when I said I was jinxing us. Never again will I comment on how well Elliot is was sleeping. I am clearly an idiot for thinking one good night meant that the worst of the sleep regression was over.  It was like the baby sleep gods didn't like me getting too cocky about our success and decided to bitchslap me with the night from hell just to knock me down a few pegs.

The night started out like any other night.  Well, except for the fact that Elliot decided to pass out on his daddy's shoulder while they were lounging on the couch as I got his bedtime bottle ready:


To say he was less than thrilled when I plucked him up and took him to his room to get him settled for bed is an understatement. I finally got him settled and fed and he was in the crib at 8:25.  So far so good. Unfortunately the good ended there and this is what our night looked like:


I honestly think this was the worst night yet since he was a newborn.  He ate a couple of those times, but not every time. At 3 AM he was up and smiley, like it was time to play. Not cool, dude. Not cool at all.

So yeah, never again will I get confident in our sleep routine.  If I'm going to remain sane I think I'll need to just stay with the mindset of 'This too shall pass'.

You hear that, baby sleep gods? I give.  Now, can you send back my sleeping baby???


1 comment:

  1. I agree with the "this too shall pass" at least you know it can't stay this bad forever.

    ReplyDelete