Monday, February 24, 2014

6 Months!

That's right. Somehow it has been 6 months since Elliot made his dramatic  (and fast!) entrance into our lives. His 6 month well check is on Wednesday, so I won't have his stats until then, but one thing I know for certain is that we don't have to worry about him not getting enough to eat. My roly poly little guy is just that - roly poly  :)

One thing I AM worried about is his current bottle strike that he's been on. He's done this a few other times but it's normally only lasted a couple days. We are on a week of him fighting bottles and downright refusing to take one half the time.  Our normal bedtime routine has consisted of him getting a bottle of pumped milk and then nursing. This past week he has cried when he sees the bottle and I've just nursed him instead..

My mom is watching the boys today while our daycare is closed for vacation and I am beyond stressed that he is going to give her a hard time.  I made sure to top him off before I left this morning, but he'll still need to eat at some point. I haven't gotten any messages from her besides saying he went down for a nap, but I'm about to check on him to make sure  he's doing ok. That and I need to make sure Andrew isn't being too much to handle.

My mom will be helping me out tonight while J is out of town for his grandmother's funeral (more on that later) and I'm hoping he's back tomorrow night so I'll have some help Wednesday morning.

Anyway, Elliot is growing like a weed, is as sweet as ever, and is a beautiful little baby that I am so blessed to call my own.  I love this little guy:



4 comments:

  1. Have you tried just switching to a sippy cup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try going up to the next nipple size and also try the other bottles that we have to see if he's receptive to any of those. I'm also going to find some of the soft spout sippies that we have to see if he'll take any of them.

      Delete
  2. I know that can be so stressful! I remember James stopped taking a bottle right after I recovered from wisdom teeth extraction... that little stinker never took it again. I hope you find a good solution!

    And I'm so sorry about your husband's grandmother. Rough times, I'm sure. Praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He is still fighting the bottle like crazy and I will admit that many tears have been shed (by both of us).

      Delete