Monday, August 16, 2010

Holy crap - we're going to be parents!




Wow - I can't believe we are actually going to have a baby. It's really still sinking in even though it's been over two weeks since I got the BFP (July 30th).  So far we haven't told anyone and I'd like to keep it that way at least until after the first appt (8/31). It's been sooooo hard hiding this and I feel like I am just avoiding everyone since I know they will question why I'm not drinking.  The "I'm the designated driver" excuse will only fly for so long!


I don't think it's really sunk in for J yet, either.  I'm hoping once we see the little peanut on the u/s on the 31st that it will be more real for both of us.


Here is my weekly check in:


How far along? 6w1d - baby is the size of a sweet pea.


Weight gain/loss: 0. I’d probably actually be down some if this stupid fiber would kick in!


Symptoms: None really to speak of right now. I was a little queasy early last week, but now I feel fine.


Sleep? Sleeping great so far – actually sleeping better than prior to the BFP.


Best moment this week? Nothing’s happened yet.


Movement: No – that won’t happen for a while!


Food cravings: Sweets – can’t get enough sour gummy worms


Belly button in or out? In – and it better be for a long time


What I miss? Being able to hang out and have a beer


What I am looking forward to? My first appt on 8/31 when I’ll finally get to see the little peanut


Milestones: Nothing yet


What I'm nervous about: Just nervous that this is too easy so far. No symptoms to speak of and it’s worrying me a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment