Thursday, August 19, 2010

So far so good... But is it too good?


Like any good mom-to-be I have spent countless hours perusing the message boards on thebump.com.  I like that I get to "chat" with other ladies that are going through the same things that I am - especially since very few people even know that we are expecting (and won't for a few more weeks at least).  It calms my mind a bit to know others feel the same way, but...

I see so many women talking about how they are so bloated that their clothes are already not fitting at 5 weeks.  And people who are so sick they can't find anything appetizing and every single think in their fridge makes them want to gag at 6 weeks.  And how their boobs are so sore it hurts to even think about wearing a bra pretty much from the instant they got their BFP.  And how it is just a struggle to make it through the day without taking multiple naps and they need to sleep 12 hours a night.

Things like this have me worried. I pretty much have zero "symptoms". Sure, I get a little bloat now and then, but I blame that on salty food or just over-indulging.  A quick run at the gym knocks that right out (for the most part).  I've had a couple queasy feelings here and there, but I attribute that to just being hungry.  Even before I knew I had a bun in the oven if I went too long on an empty stomach I would feel sick.  Ask J - he knows I need to be fed at regular intervals or I am one cranky woman!  My boobs are fine and (thankfully) have not grown... yet.  And sure, I am a little more fatigued, but it hasn't stopped me from going to the gym 4 days a week and still doing stuff around the house.  I don't know - maybe I just have super-ute and will breeze right through the next 33 or so weeks with no problem. Hey, a girl can dream, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment