Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The waiting is the hardest part.


Tom Petty was definitely onto something there.  I finally have my first appt this afternoon, and needless to say - I am a nervous wreck.  I know the odds are that everything is fine. But I read about these women who go and have an u/s and there is no heartbeat or there's just nothing there.  I don't know what I will do if faced with that situation.

Luckily I am "working" from home today, so I have plenty of distractions to get me through to 3:00.  Currently I am doing some laundry, downloading some music, and trying on my bridesmaid dress for the wedding I am in in less than 3 weeks. Thankfully it still fits!  Now I just need to make sure I don't blow up in the next couple weeks.  I am pretty bummed about what I see as weight gain over the past week. Not sure what's up with that, but I'm hoping it was just crappy eating over the last couple days and not that I am going to gain 50 lbs with this pregnancy.

On that note, here is my weekly check in:


How far along? 8w2d - baby is the size of a raspberry.

Weight gain/loss: 3. Ugh! I think it's partially due to the bathroom issues I was having. Plus my crappy eating over the weekend.  Back to the gym for me!

Symptoms: I have bouts of queasiness every once in a while. And I went 6 days with no BM, so I guess that is a symptom.  Other than that I feel ok.

Sleep? Sleeping pretty well so far.  I haven't been overly tired, which is good.

Best moment this week? Having my first u/s today!

Movement: No – that won’t happen for a while!

Food cravings/aversions: I had to stop my morning smoothie since it was making me want to hurl.  I am loving the carbs right now and have  a weakness for gummy bears.

Belly button in or out? In, but still feeling kind of weird and hard on top.

What I miss? A normal bathroom schedule!  And getting to hang out with friends.

What I am looking forward to? My first appt this afternoon. Can't wait to see the raspberry and see a heartbeat!

Milestones: I hit 8 weeks!

What I'm nervous about: This afternoon's appt.  I just want to know that everything is ok in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment