Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy anniversary!

Today is my parent's 40th anniversary.  Somehow they've made it through four decades without killing each other.  It's nice to have that kind of role model for our own marriage. J's parents celebrated 41 years this past November - so we have it good on both sides.

My sister organized an anniversary party for my parents last night so we got to celebrate with family and friends. Great food, good music (I was in charge of downloading songs from 1971), and a cute slideshow of family pictures made for a nice night.

Here are some pictures from the evening:

J and I before everything got started. The pattern on the dress helped disguise the bump.


A picture with my sisters. We didn't intentionally color coordinate.


Something my sister put together with my parent's wedding pictures and wedding announcement


Mmmmmmm..... cake


They cut the cake with the knife they used at their wedding 40 years ago


My niece LOVES cake and was "patiently" waiting for my parents to cut it


My sister (not Kayleigh's mom) gave her cotton candy at 9:00 PM - after cake and M&M's.  Not sure when they got her to sleep. Or if I trust her to watch our little man now!


At our table as the night was winding down


A picture of the whole clan.

Happy anniversary mom and dad - here's to many many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment