Friday, April 5, 2013

Bridge Run ~ and 19 Weeks




Oh boy.  Tomorrow is the Cooper River Bridge Run.  This is a huge 10K that attracts around 40,000 participants from all over.  I started running it in 2006 and have done it every year except for 2011 since I was one week postpartum with Andrew.

Normally I prepare for it by running  the bridge at least a few times before the actual race.  This year?  Not so much.  I haven't done squat.  I haven't even run since last Thursday because this week has been so messed up.  Tomorrow is going to suck.

I know there was no way I was going to beat my best time (51:20 in 2010), but I was really hoping I could at least come in under an hour.  Now I'm just hoping I can finish it without having to walk at all.

The run starts actually kind of close to our house (which is nice since we don't have to deal with parking or anything), crosses the Arthur Ravenel Bridge (pictured above) and ends downtown by Marion Square, where they have the big after party.


Last year we had to rush back as soon as we could because we were having Andrew's birthday party that day (what was I thinking???), but this year we can hang out and mingle some.  Andrew will be home with my in-laws (no jogging strollers allowed since it's such a big race) so we don't have to rush.

Here's hoping I make it to the end...

Ok, on to this week:

How far along? 19w0d and the size of a mango (or a softball according to my phone app).  ~ 6 inches and 8.5 ounces.  Little dude now has fingerprints and can frown and smile.

Weight loss/gain:  +13 lbs.  Ugh.  I feel like a big fatty right now and need to seriously get my junk food eating in check.  Damn Easter candy!  Not running this week didn't help.

Maternity clothes: I've worn maternity jeans a few times, but so far that's it.  I've found my box of maternity clothes and will be washing everything this weekend. I'm going to need the work pants soon because I'm running out of ones that fit comfortably.

Symptoms:  Still hating my bowels and I'm just hungry all the time.

Sex (of baby):  It's a BOY!!!

Name: Um yeah, this is going to take a while.  I love Owen but J hates it.  He suggested Jackson and I hate it.  And there is no way in hell we're having Andrew and Jackson. People would think we have a thing for the 7th president or something.

Sleep: Sleeping pretty well.  Of course I wake up a few times a night, but I haven't been having trouble falling back to sleep.  Andrew has been a little fussy this week and I'm starting to wonder if his 2 year molars are coming.

Best moment this week? Finally letting the cat out of the bag and telling my family.  The lack of response from my sister was a little hurtful, but I'm trying not to let it bother me.

Movement: I haven't felt anything this week.  Maybe what I felt a few weeks ago was a figment of my imagination.

Food cravings:  Sweets and Easter candy have been my downfall.

Belly button in or out?  In

What I miss?  Feeling in shape and energetic

What I'm looking forward to?  Anatomy scan on the 16th. I can't wait to see this little guy again since I haven't had an u/s since 9 weeks.

Milestones:  Well, if this kid comes as early as Andrew then I am already half baked.

What I'm nervous about:  I seriously need to tell work.  I almost never see my boss in person and I hate the thought of just shooting him an email, but I might need to just do it.

Only a covered bump pic this week because I feel gross.  I guess it's starting to show now.





2 comments:

  1. You're going to have a GREAT run! Its awesome to see women who are pregnant keeping active - it makes me think, okay, that has to be me when I'm pregnant again :-) And you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm mostly just worried about the hill on the bridge. It kicks my butt sometimes when I'm not pregnant so tomorrow should be interesting. I got plenty of funny looks when I would be out running while pregnant with Andrew, but I also had a lot of people tell me "Good job!".

      Delete