Friday, April 12, 2013

Half Baked!


Holy shit!  I cannot believe I am already at the halfway point of this pregnancy.  I guess it's because I'm distracted with this awesome little kid:



but this one seems to be going by in the blink of an eye.  I mean, if this kid shows up ahead of schedule like his big brother I could have as little as 18 weeks left.  That's scary.

Part of the scariness is that soon Andrew won't be an only child and I worry about how he will react.  I'm also a little sad that we will no longer have our alone time like we do now.  He'll have to share me with his sibling and I won't be able to be at his beck and call like I seem to be now.  Because of that I want to soak in as much of him as I can over the next 18-22 weeks.

This weekend will be perfect for that. We're headed to Brevard, NC so J and his friends can take part in the Assault on the Carolinas bike race.  So while his daddy is out riding 62 miles through the mountains Andrew and I will get some time together to explore and have it just be the two of us.  I know I will cherish this time since soon it won't be just us and he'll have to share me.

I'm going to enjoy the time with my munchkin while I can...

Now for this week:

How far along? 20w0d and the size of a banana. He's ~ 10.2 ounces and 6.5 inches. He has functioning taste buds and is gulping amniotic fluid every day.

Weight loss/gain:  +13.5 lbs.  Thankfully the Easter candy is almost gone and I've gotten back to running more.  Last night's 4 miles weren't awesome, but I'm pushing through.

Maternity clothes: I washed all of my maternity clothes and have some work pants ready.  I was determined to make it to the halfway point before giving in. Yesterday I was pretty uncomfortable and that particular pair of pants has been retired for the next 6 months or so.  I'm still fine with regular shirts.

Symptoms:  The ever present constipation (if I don't go today I am going to die) and some discomfort in the lower abdomen in the evenings, particularly after the gym. I'm sure that's my body telling me to dial it back a bit.

Sex (of baby):  It's a BOY!!!

Name: No progress.  We honestly haven't even talked about it over the last week.  This will take a while.

Sleep: Sleeping well at the moment.  I haven't gotten the 2nd tri burst of energy that I keep waiting on and have been exhausted in the evenings lately.

Best moment this week? Finishing the bridge run in a decent time with my little running buddy along for the ride.

Movement: Definitely feeling some little thumps now.  They are all down a few inches below my belly button and aren't very strong, but I'm feeling them sporadically.

Food cravings:  Sweets of course.  And fruit. I can't get enough fruit.

Belly button in or out?  In

What I miss?  Having energy and feeling cute.

What I'm looking forward to?  Anatomy scan on Tuesday - can't wait to see the little guy again. Of course I'm nervous, too. I  just want to know that he is healthy.

Milestones:  Halfway through. Yikes!!!

What I'm nervous about:  How fast this pregnancy is going and how soon we are going to have two kids. I'm starting to freak out about that all over again.

Here is this week.  At this point I'm just waiting for my bump to outpace my boobs.  So far I'm pretty sure the boobs are winning. Disregard my pale doughy looking belly :(





2 comments:

  1. Love the pics. Have a GREAT weekend!.... And I'll hope you get some relief on the... uh... symptoms front. I experienced that toward the end of pregnancy with James, and I remember how horrible it was. I hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to think that I'll get some relief, but I dealt with this the entire 9 months with Andrew. I've resigned myself to 4.5 more months of being backed up. :/

      Delete