Monday, December 6, 2010

Finally made a dent

In my Christmas shopping that is.

Yesterday morning I got up and texted my friend, Colleen, to see if she wanted to do some shopping.  I had been intending on going to the holiday farmer's market with J downtown, but he took it upon himself to drink himself into an oblivion Saturday night so he was in no condition to do anything.

Instead of sitting around stewing - or cleaning up the mess that he made when he stumbled in at 1:30 AM - I decided on some retail therapy.  So I got ready, left some advil and water on his nightstand, and headed out.  It was fun to spend a girls day out and I made a nice dent in my holiday shopping. And I made it through 4 hours of shopping without buying a single thing for myself - well, except for some hangers and I actually needed those.

I did make my first baby clothes purchase. Old Navy had these adorable fleece hoodies on sale for $5 so I bought our little guy a hoodie and the matching fleece cargo pants.  Too adorable:



I was in such a good mood when I got home that I didn't even let it bother me that J was still curled up in a ball on the couch in the fetal position and was incapable of functioning.  I watched some football (I was a perfect 9 for 9 in my early game picks) and continued going through the name book and making my list (Wesley is still in the lead in my mind).

J spent the remainder of the day rotating from couch to chaise and pretty much hating life.  I tried not to take too much satisfaction in his misery and he did apologize for the mess and missing the farmers market.  Something tells me he won't be drinking like that again for a while...

Anyway - here is this week's check in:

How far along? 22w1d - baby is the size of a papaya.  And as of our appt last Tuesday he was 15 oz.

Weight gain/loss: +13.2 lbs.  I'm pretty happy with that at the 22 week mark.

Maternity Clothes: I caved today and wore a pair of pants. All the regular pants I tried on this morning were not comfy.  Of course these ones feel too big.  I can't win.  No maternity shirts yet, though. Getting away with just longer length regular ones.

Symptoms: I feel like he is sitting on my bladder anytime I walk around.

Gender:  It's a boy!!!

Sleep? Sleeping very well so far. Still able to get comfortable with no major issues.

Best moment this week? Seeing our healthy baby boy at the anatomy scan last week.  I love this little guy so much I can't even put it into words.

Movement: Yep - feeling thumps mostly when I am sitting or laying down.  Sometimes after I eat he is particularly active.

Food cravings/aversions: Still nothing - eating lots of fruits and veggies.

Belly button in or out? Still in and keeping my fingers crossed that doesn't change anytime soon.

What I miss? Fitting into clothes and not feeling constricted.

What I am looking forward to? Getting started on the nursery. We have the crib and the bedding picked out, just need to buy them.

Milestones: Finding out the gender and seeing our healthy baby.

What I'm nervous about: How much we still have to get done and having less than 18 weeks to do it. Yikes!

And here is my bump for this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment