Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy birthday sweetie!

Today is J's 39th birthday.  Not sure he is thrilled with being another year older. I make fun of him all the time since he is 5 years older than me (not that he acts his age!),  but I think it's hitting him that he will be 40 next year.

To make his birthday a little better I made him a cake yesterday. We had some last night since we will be heading out of town after work today.  It wasn't the most beautiful cake in the world, but he seemed to think it was yummy so that's all that mattered.



He calls it his smurf cake


Blowing out the candles and making a wish


Also yesterday when I got home from the doctor (last second appt to try to see if there is anything that can be done about my excruciating rib pain) there was a package from my friend up in Charlotte.  She sent us a Christmas card and the sweetest outfit for our little guy. 

I love the little doggy on the jacket


So sweet!


She got us the 3 month size so it will be perfect for him next summer.  I couldn't stop smiling once I opened it.  Almost took my mind off of the horrible pain in my ribs.

And for the record, there isn't much they can do. I have a prescription for Lortab and I bought an ace bandage to wrap around it to try to put some pressure on it to relieve the pain a little.  Apparently I will be experiencing discomfort due to my ribs spreading to make room for the organs that are shifting.  My horrible coughing fits just aggravated it and made it a lot worse.  And that 'pop' I heard and felt yesterday was most likely the connective tissue. Excellent.  I told J if this last for the rest of this pregnancy I might go insane.  At least the Lortab might take some of the pain out of dealing with his brother this weekend.  (I'm kidding - I will not take a narcotic just to deal with his crazy family. I'm trying to make do with just Tylenol unless the pain just gets too bad. Gotta keep this little guy safe!).

1 comment:

  1. I love the outfit! Good luck dealing w/ BIL this weekend!

    ReplyDelete