Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's cookie time!

Last night I finally got started on some Christmas baking.  It's just not Christmas without some cookies.  Of course I wasn't about to make a bunch of cookies from scratch being that I am big and puffy and achy and really would have rather have been laying on the couch on my heating pad.

So I hit BiLo on the way home from the gym armed with some coupons and picked up some cookie mix and some break-and-bake cookies (yes, I've gotten THAT lazy).

While dinner was cooking I started on the Peanut Blossoms (peanut butter cookies rolled in sugar and then topped with a Hershey Kiss once they are done baking).  After dinner was the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and then I moved on to the easy break and bake ones.  All in all I finished four different kinds of cookies and was able to bring some to work to share with people so I don't pack on even more pounds.
My Peanut Blossoms

Cookie tin for work

Anyway, that was my contribution to the Christmas spirit for the day. Now time for my weekly check-in:

How far along? 24w2d - he's somewhere between 15 and 20 oz I think.

Weight gain/loss: +16 as of this morning. Based on the horrible aching in my back these last few days it seems that the recent weight has settled in my boobs.

Maternity Clothes: I've worn one maternity shirt (because it was cute) and I wear a pair of work pants every so often.  I ordered some jeans from Old Navy and they sucked so I had to send them back. Good thing I still have 3 pairs of normal jeans I can wear.

Symptoms: Cement bowel and excruciating rib pain.  Either a tear in the connective tissue or a hairline fracture.  Awesome.

Gender:  It's a boy!!!

Sleep? Sleeping ok.  The heating pad it helping a bit.

Best moment this week? All the little kicks and punches this little man is dishing out. I love feeling him in there  :)

Movement: Yep - he's an active little bugger in the evenings. Still waiting to be able to get J to feel it. He's never quick enough.

Food cravings/aversions: None.

Belly button in or out? Still nicely in, but the top fold feels weird. I hope that doesn't mean it's making it's way out.

What I miss? Pooping and not being so achy.

What I am looking forward to? Getting started on the nursery - hopefully during our time off for the holidays.

Milestones: Hitting V-Day this past Sunday!

What I'm nervous about: I have my glucose test next Tuesday and I'm afraid that I'll fail it and have to do the 3 hour test.  Ugh.

And this week's bump pic. I had a different one, but I look kind of rough in that one. It's not been a great morning...






No comments:

Post a Comment