Thursday, December 30, 2010

My final tally

Last week I was attention whoring the fact that I hit my annual mileage goal for running this year.  Well, this week I was feeling good so I did a little extra. 

So my final mileage for 2010 is now 612.3 miles in 86:43:56 and my December total ended up being 49.0 miles (so just under the monthly goal). Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

Of course I will not be mentioning this to my parents. When I was up in MB for Christmas last weekend my dad commented "So are you done with all the crazy running crap?".  They all just don't get that I am trying to stay in as good of shape as possible and that I am not stupid and am not doing anything to harm my baby.  I want to be healthy and happy for him, too.  As someone who has always been very weight conscious it has been very hard to see the number on the scale continually climb. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life and it's not easy. 

Don't worry that I am being dumb and trying not to gain any weight. Trust me, it's coming on. And my doctor seems pleased with where I am so I don't question it.  I just want to stay fit so I will hopefully have an easier time with labor and delivery and it won't take forever to drop the baby weight.  I want to be healthy and fit to set a good example for my son.

That being said, this weekend is another weekend travelling out of town so there will be no working out (besides walking around Pittsburgh) and we'll be eating god knows what (Primanti Brothers here we come!).  I'll just have to get back on the horse next week with all of the new years resolution gym goers. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I commend you for still running and being aware of what you eat. It's not a free for all! I hope that when I become pregnant, I can stay half as fit as you are! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete