Monday, November 29, 2010

28 more hours!

And we'll find out what's baking in my oven!  Of course I told J that the little bugger is probably going to be all stubborn and sit there with legs crossed the entire time. That would be just my luck.

I am mentally preparing myself that it's going to be a boy.  It's not that I will be upset if it's a boy, but from the beginning I was kind of hoping 'girl'.  I don't have any brothers, my sister has two little girls, and I just know nothing about little boys.  Not that I really know anything about babies in general so really I am screwed either way!

Obviously the most important part about tomorrow will be finding out that Baby W is healthy and growing properly. Every time someone asks J what he is hoping for he says "I don't care - just a healthy baby".  Awwww - that's why I love him so much  :)

Anyway - here is this week's check-in:

How far along? 21w1d - baby is the size of a banana.  10.5 inches long now. I think this is the week they start measuring from head to toe instead of just to the butt.

Weight gain/loss: +12.5 lbs.  Not too shabby for having gorged on Thanksgiving.  The 5K race that morning may have helped  :)

Maternity Clothes: I gave in and wore a pair of maternity pants to work last Wednesday, but that's it so far. I'm back in regular clothes for now.  I started looking at maternity jeans in preparation for when mine no longer fit comfortably, but I haven't bought any. I hate to spend a ton of money on something I'll only wear for a short time and most of the cheaper ones I've found look hideous.  Not sure what to do yet.

Symptoms: My colon sucks and I have periodic back pain, but that's about it for right now.

Gender:  We'll know tomorrow!!

Sleep? I'm sleeping ok even with this hacking cough.  Getting up once a night to pee.

Best moment this week? Deciding on a crib and FINALLY feeling some movement!

Movement: YES!  I finally felt some thumps. It really depends on how I'm sitting and it's mostly when I am laying down, but I am fairly positive I am finally feeling this little bugger move.

Food cravings/aversions: Nothing really.

Belly button in or out? Still in and hoping it stays.

What I miss? Not feeling so poofy. This is the heaviest I have ever been in my life and it is really taking some getting used to.

What I am looking forward to? Tomorrow's anatomy scan. I'm very excited to see the baby again, find out if we're having a son or daughter, and making sure that s/he is healthy.

Milestones: No real milestones this week - hit the 21 week mark, that's about it.

What I'm nervous about: Nervous about tomorrow's scan. I'm always nervous before the appointments, though, so that's nothing new.

And here is my 21 week bump:

Sorry for the blurriness - my camera sucks

No comments:

Post a Comment