Thursday, November 11, 2010

Family fail


So yesterday was my birthday - woo hoo - the big 3-4.  Now, I'm old enough to not expect people to make a big deal about my birthday. I mean, I'm not 12.  But I still expected to at least get a phone call from someone in my family. 

Nothing.

Nada.

Not a single phone call, text message, snail mail card, or even an e-card.  Apparently my family feels that the 5 seconds it takes to post something on my facebook wall is enough effort to show that they care.  Nice.  I guess at least now I know where I rank on the list of priorities.  Good to know.

Anyway, yesterday didn't completely suck. I did get to go to the doctor and hear baby's heartbeat again.  147 wonderful beats per minute.  And this time it came up right away - no digging around needed. Apparently baby is moving a little north.  Which also explains the growing poof up front.

My blood pressure was a bit elevated (130/80) but she said they aren't going to worry about it yet, but they will keep an eye on it. I chalk that up to me sitting there knowing I was about to get blood drawn.  I guess when I go back in 3 weeks we'll see what it is.

My birthday wrapped up with a little shopping trip and a yummy fondue dinner with  my husband.  However, we were both so absolutely stuffed from all the food that there was no room for birthday cake. I'll have to make up for that today  :)

2 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday! You are a Scorpio [ scorpio horoscope ] and your so blessed to have a very loving husband and soon, another blessing's coming! That's the best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct - I DO have a very loving husband and he makes me smile every day. And in 5 months I will have even more to smile about :)

    ReplyDelete