Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mommy's new toy

On Sunday my sister (Dr. Nic) came over with a belated birthday present for me.  It was more her way of making sure that I am taking care of myself and monitoring things, but it will give me peace of mind as well.

She was concerned when I told her what my bp was at the doctor last week (130/80).  So this is what she got for me:



It's a wrist blood pressure monitor so I can check it on a regular basis and not have to run into CVS, Wal-Mart, or the grocery store to use theirs all the time.  So far mine has been in the 100/60 range, which is much better.  We checked J's just for fun, but his was so out of whack from the  cold meds that we couldn't get a good reading.  If the reading we got was right he would have been having a stroke right at that very second.

Also another bit of information that she passed on to me while at our house.  Her "friend" (she calls him that although they tried dating before and I think the guy is a complete ass) had a bit of a medical emergency the previous week.  It seems that his colon ruptured, he almost died, and now he will have an ostomy for the next few months while his colon heals.  That's right - he will have a bag of shit hanging on him for months. Now I know that is nothing to joke about and he did get very sick, but there is no love lost between the two of us.  The guy is a complete chauvinist and went so far as to call me trashy, the bad apple of my family, and questioned my marriage.  I can't think of anyone that I personally know that deserves the shit-bag more.

It does  kind of make me nervous for my current condition of not being able to poo. What if my colon gets so backed up that it explodes?  On that note - I think I'll go get some coffee and miralax.

No comments:

Post a Comment