Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Great news to start off the holiday

I just got a call from the nurse at my OB with the results of the second set of bloodwork for the chromosomal screening.  Of course my heart started beating fast as soon as she started talking about it, but there is nothing to worry about.  The numbers look phenomenal!

Downs Risk went from 1 in 400 (age based) to 1 in 250,000

Trisomy 18 risk dropped down to less than 1 in 250,000

Open Neural Tube defect (Spina Bifida) went from 1 in 417 (age based) to 1 in 20,119

Some other abdominal defect went from 1 in 2,000 to 1 in 170,580

Now I know this is just a screening, but hearing numbers like that took a huge amount of worry off of me.  Now we just need to do the anatomy scan next week to check everything else out and make sure everything is moving along the way it should and I will be much more relaxed.  At least until I start thinking about the actual delivery...

No comments:

Post a Comment