Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Meeting with childcare option #1

Last night J and I stopped by to meet a woman I found who keeps babies in her home as an inhome daycare provider.  I was nervous heading in because talking to her on the phone she sounded a bit harried.  And it all sounded too good to be true based on our email correspondence and the phone conversations.  So we went in with me trying to keep my expectations in check.

First impression - not great. The house looked smaller than anticipated based on the area and there were toys everywhere in the yard. We were welcomed into the house and it seemed to be a bit chaotic.  Baby swings, bouncers, toys, changing supplies, and other baby related stuff was all about. I looked at J with a look that said "No way in hell".  We sat down and started talking to her - I figured we could be polite since she took the time to meet us.

After talking to her for an hour I felt much better about it.  She is clearly great with kids (they have a 5 1/2 year old son and a 2 1/2 year old daughter) and even though it seemed like it was chaos, she has her own system and seemed to have things organized.  Her husband came home while we are there and I could see that they are a very loving couple and they both love their children very much. 

So we didn't cross this place off the list, but we are still exploring our options. I have an appt at a conventional daycare tomorrow after my OB appt so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment