Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanks for sharing, honey :(

So on Saturday morning J started feeling like crap. Sore throat, blowing his nose constantly, and some coughing. Spectacular.  I was praying it was a sinus infection figuring I wouldn't catch it.  We went to a wedding that night and he was drinking bourbon and ginger trying to soothe his throat while I had to settle for just straight ginger ale.  The wedding was beautiful, but it was COLD. And 90% of it was outside.  Seriously?  You want to have an outdoor wedding in the evening on November 13th?  Great planning.

Anyway, we ducked out at 8:30 and I stopped at CVS to get him some cold meds.  Sunday I was texting my physician sister about it to see if she thought it was a sinus infection. Nope - probably just a cold. Crap.

Last night I started to feel crappy. Slight sore throat and bad headache.  And tylenol was doing absolutely nothing for it. I texted my sister to see if I could take Nyquil and she advised against it.  I was getting pissy since I don't feel well and was irritated with J coughing all over the place.  I asked him if he was washing his hands after he blows his nose and if he's covering his mouth when he coughs.  He seemed to think this was a dumb request. Ummm.... you do know how germs work, right?  Nice to know that it's too much of an inconvenience for you to wash your hands and try to protect your pregnant and immune compromised wife who can't take cold meds from your germs.

I went to bed kind of pissed and am still feeling the same way this morning.  We need to have a serious talk about what constitutes inconsiderate behaviour - and soon.

Anyway - here is my weekly check-in:

How far along? 19w1d - baby is the size of a mango.  I love mangoes - I just wish they weren't such a PITA to cut.

Weight gain/loss: 9.3  lbs according to my scale yesterday morning.  18.9 lbs according to the scale this morning. Um yeah - something weird happened to our scale since there is no way I gained 9 lbs in less than 24 hours.

Maternity Clothes: Nope - I still haven't broken down and worn any.  I have a few pairs of pants but I want to stay in regular clothes as long as possible since once I switch my wardrobe choices will be limited.  I'm hoping to make it til at least the halfway point (this coming Sunday).

Symptoms: I hate my colon.  And I'm getting headaches now. Ugh.

Gender:  I'm still thinking 'boy' but kind of really hoping for a girl.  His cousin's 3 yr old son was at our house on Friday evening and was a royal brat.

Sleep? I'm sleeping ok - except for listening to J cough. Ugh.

Best moment this week? Hearing a nice strong heartbeat at my doctor's appt last week.

Movement: Still nothing.  I talked to my sister and she said she didn't feel anything until about 20 or 21 weeks (which I know is normal).  Yeah - I'm calling bullshit on all the people who I see post about feeling the baby move at 14 weeks. 

Food cravings/aversions: Still none and none.  I have found that butterfinger candy bars don't taste good to me, though. I think that's a pretty good aversion to have - I don't need any candy.

Belly button in or out? In and still normal.

What I miss? Not absolutely hating my colon.  I wish I could poop  :(

What I am looking forward to? Finding out what's in there - 15 more days!

Milestones: Nothing much. Hitting 19 weeks - almost to the halfway point.

What I'm nervous about: I started reading about and thinking about the delivery. Yikes!  I think I'll stay in denial a little bit longer on that one.

And here is my 19 week bump:

No comments:

Post a Comment