Friday, March 22, 2013

Damn You, Mother Nature - and 17 Weeks

So yeah, our pictures that were supposed to be tomorrow that I was so looking forward to aren't happening.  Because of this:

That lovely 40% chance of rain tomorrow (which is actually down from the 60% it was yesterday). From the sound of the weather report this morning it's going to be rainy and gross for the morning and early afternoon. That means our 10:00 AM pictures had to be rescheduled.  We moved them to next Friday since we will both be off for Good Friday (well, J is off, I am taking PTO).  So now I am watching the forecast for next Friday and Saturday like a hawk.  So far so good.

Oh, and I'm supposed to go to a bachelorette party tomorrow night, which is starting with a sunset sail on a sailboat.  Yeah, that's gonna be fun in the cold damp air.  With non-refundable $48 tickets already purchased.  And I can't even get boozed up to make it more fun.  Oh well, at least I have an out for not partying all night and I don't have to worry about being hungover the next day.

So that's that - on to this week:

How far along? 17w0d and the size of an onion.  ~ 5.1 inches and 5.9 ounces.  Munchkin 2.0 has cartilage that is turning to bone  and the liver is starting to produce bile.

Weight loss/gain:  +10 lbs.  Blah.  I'm convinced that a couple pounds is locate in my bra - these things are starting to get out of control.

Maternity clothes: I caved and wore a pair of maternity jeans last weekend just since we were going to be out and about and I wanted to be comfortable. I'm going to need to drag out my box this weekend to get some maternity work pants, though.  I'm running out of regular work pants that fit.

Symptoms:  Still just can't poo regularly.

Sex (of baby):  Pictures got pushed back to next Friday.

Sleep: Much better this week. I can breathe again and Andrew isn't sick any more. He did get me up at 11:30 last night, though. He didn't really need anything so I think he just wanted some mommy time.

Best moment this week? Nothing happened this week really.  Just chugging along.

Movement: Possibly.  I have felt a few things that might be movement, but I'm not 100% convinced yet.

Food cravings:  Just always hungry.

Belly button in or out?  In

What I miss?  Feeling cute.

What I'm looking forward to?  Next appt is on Monday so I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again.  The appt is with the cranky doctor so I'm not thrilled about that, but oh well.

Milestones:  Nothing really.

What I'm nervous about:  I really need to tell work.

It's getting there. I still just feel kind of jiggly. I look forward to when it's a real baby bump.


  1. I can't believe you're still that tiny with baby number two! Jealous. =) At the rate I am going I'm going to be huge in another 7 weeks.

    1. I honestly think I must have a long-ish torso or something so it doesn't show as much. I went back and looked at my bump pictures with Andrew and it never seemed to get all that big, even though it felt huge.

  2. I can see just a tiny bit of baby starting to show. You look fantastic!