Monday, March 18, 2013

We Just Couldn't Wait

Andrew's birthday is still 8 days away (holy $%&@!) but this weekend was so gorgeous that I couldn't resist. I had to break out his birthday present a little early.

It all started because we were playing in the back yard. It was an absolutely beautiful day.  The kind of day that solidifies why I love springtime so much.  We were running around the back yard and Andrew kept cracking up when I would jump up and down.  That made me think that maybe we should let him play with his birthday present a little early.  So I went inside and got the box (that has been sitting in the foyer - not exactly hidden).

We got it out of the box and got everything unrolled.  Andrew didn't even know what it was yet, but he started crawling and jumping all over it:


I was amazed at how quickly it inflated - it seriously took a minute at most.  Once it was up we took his shoes off and let him climb in.  It didn't take long before he was jumping up and down and shouting "I bounce!".  He was so excited to be able to bounce and land on his butt without almost falling off the couch.

And the jump castle is awesome.  It's big enough for him to bounce all over and even had enough room for J to lounge in there with him.  I even got in there with him and bounced for a bit (sitting down, I'm too tall to stand and jump).  I was just so excited that he loves it since I would've been pretty bummed if we wasted all that money on it if he hated it.


He spent an hour in there, bouncing, going down the slide, climbing back up and just running around laughing.  Oh, and the breakdown was just as easy as the setup. It deflates very fast and folds up into the carry bag in no time at all.  All in all I am very happy with it (and no, I'm not being paid to rave about this jump castle or anything - I just really like it).

Now I just hope it holds up long enough that Andrew and 2.0 can play in it together in a few years.

5 comments:

  1. I wanted to get E one of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should - they're awesome! Andrew loves it. I really thought it might be a pain in the ass to setup and take down, but I was really pleasantly surprised at how easy it is. Good thing since he'll probably want it out every weekend.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I thought you were gonna tell us what baby #2 is!!! Still, this is so cute and what a fun idea for a birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I wish our backyard was flat enough for something like this or has grass, but we live in the mountains and ours literally is the forest. I think 2.0 is a boy.

    ReplyDelete