Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Goodbye popcorn!

Yesterday J was off and he made some good progress on scraping the ceiling.  When I got home from the gym he wasn't there, but I peeked in and saw this:

He had put plastic down (even though we are replacing that carpet) and used the pump sprayer to wet the ceiling.  Those are the remnants of the popcorn on the ground.

Here is the result:
Surprisingly the ceiling underneath isn't in too bad of shape. I figure builders normally do popcorn because that way they don't have to do a stellar job smoothing everything. Thankfully the joints aren't a complete mess.  There is a small section that still needs to be scraped and then he can sand and we can paint. Woo hoo!!

We still need to go and pick out carpet and decide what color we want to paint the walls. I see many trips to the home improvement store in our near future.

Also, I had a doctor's appt this morning. Everything looked great according to my doctor. The little guy's heartrate was nice and strong and in the 130's. Everything is measuring well and she said I look great.  Now we move on to the every two week appointments. Yikes!  Little dude will be here before we know it!

Ok - here is my check in for the week:

How far along? 28w2d - I believe he's around 2.2 lbs now.

Weight gain/loss: I've surpassed the 20 lb mark.  Ugh. Although for 28 weeks I guess that isn't too bad.  I did run 4 miles last night and have a nice healthy salad for lunch today.

Maternity Clothes: Sometimes.  Most of my work pants are, but I'm still getting away with regular jeans and longer tops.

Symptoms:  Cement bowel (as usual), achy upper back (damn you boobs!), a little more fatigue, itchy belly, and some possible BH contractions.

Gender:  It's a boy!!!

Sleep? Sleeping ok. I like to lay on my side but turned slightly towards my stomach. He does not like that and begins kicking me if anything presses on his little home in there. I have a feeling sleep is about to get more difficult.

Best moment this week? FINALLY starting on the nursery. The room is pretty much empty, the dresser is refinished, and the ceiling is almost all scraped. Yay for progress.

Movement: Tons - the little man likes to wiggle.

Food cravings/aversions: I've been craving sweets lately. Not good.

Belly button in or out? Still in but possibly getting flatter. 

What I miss? Feeling cute, maneuvering around without groaning, and having more energy.

What I am looking forward to? Picking out the carpet and paint colors for the nursery.  Hopefully this weekend.

Milestones: We're up to the every two week appointments. That feels like a milestone.

What I'm nervous about: I was reading the breastfeeding section in WTEWYE and I am nervous that I won't be able to do it.  I know it'll take practice, but I'm scared I'll fail.

And here are some bump pics from this week:


Last night after the gym


And this morning before the doctor.  Just realized I wore matching outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment