Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I hate January

Every year I come to dread the beginning of January for once simple reason - all the new years resolution gym goers that clog my gym and make everything crowded. My friend and I refer to them as 'The JANs'.  Not that I begrudge anyone the opportunity to get in shape and convert to a more healthy lifestyle or anything.  It's just annoying to watch someone on a treadmill walking at a leisurely pace while reading a magazine. Especially when I want to get on said treadmill and do an actual cardio workout.

Normally the gym crowd thins out by mid-February when all those people break their new years resolutions to get in shape.  So I guess I just need to be patient and let them drop like flies.

It didn't help my mood last night that when I did get a treadmill I ran 1 mile and felt like absolute crap. I had to walk the remaining 21 minutes (at a 4.3 mph pace - not a leisurely stroll) and even that didn't feel great. I think the little guy is sucking all the moisture out of my body - my calves just felt like they were going to seize up at any moment.

Hopefully today's workout will go better. And maybe I'll get lucky and all the newbies will be so sore from hitting the gym yesterday that they will skip today. Once can dream, right?

And here is this week's check in:

How far along? 26w2d - I believe he has now graduated to eggplant status. He should be 13.6-14.8 inches, 1.5-2.2 lb during this time (25-28 weeks)

Weight gain/loss: +19 as of this morning. Too much traveling and eating too much crap. Back on the healthy diet kick for me.

Maternity Clothes: Wearing regular pants today that used to be big on me. Now I can wear them without a belt.  I wear a maternity shirt occasionally and some work pants.  Had to use the hairband trick on my jeans this past weekend since I haven't found any maternity jeans that I don't hate.

Symptoms:  The usual cement bowel and achy upper back at nighttime. I am also getting more gassy. Excellent.

Gender:  It's a boy!!!

Sleep? Sleeping relatively well, but I've been waking up with charlie horses lately. Not a good way to be woken up in the middle of the night.

Best moment this week? Being one of 68,000+ fans to attend the Winter Classic in Pittsburgh - an unbelievable experience.

Movement: Yep, he kicks up a storm. And seems to be moving around since I am now feeling weird pressure and pushing up in my ribs.

Food cravings/aversions: Not really a craving, but I've been eating too many sweets. We need to get that crap out of the house.

Belly button in or out? Still in thankfully.

What I miss? Being able to put on my shoes without grunting. And sleeping comfortably.

What I am looking forward to? Some down time at home. We've been out of town the past 3 weekends and I am wiped out.

Milestones: Umm.... hitting 26 weeks I guess.

What I'm nervous about: When we will ever get all the stuff that needs to be done completed. And that no one is going to do a baby shower for us.

And here is a bump pic from last night after my stellar gym workout:

No comments:

Post a Comment