Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why do I do this to myself?

Every morning I do something stupid.  I get up, go to the bathroom, and then hop on the bathroom scale.  This was a good idea back before the end of July when I was trying to lose the weight I'd gained since our wedding.

Not so much anymore.  Now it's torture. 

Deep down I know I need to gain weight. I know it's for the baby. And I know he needs it to grow.

But then there is that little voice in my head that's saying "Oh my god you are getting fat!".  Especially when I am on the scale and am seeing a number that I have never seen in my entire life.  I am now almost a full 10 lbs heavier than I have ever been. That's a hard number to swallow.  This morning was particularly rough because I somehow gained 3 lbs in two days. How is that possible??  I know weight fluctuates day to day, but it was like a punch to my ever growing gut to see that.

It also doesn't help that last night I was trying to sit on the couch and work on my laptop to get some extra work (and OT) done and I could not get comfortable. My belly seemed to have expanded so much in just one day. After an hour or so I finally gave up, put away the computer, and lounged on my heating pad.

Today I am making sure that I drink enough water (I know I haven't been lately) and I will be in the gym after work.  I'm not going to overdo it with my workout, but I feel so much better when I work up a little sweat. Plus it gets rid of some of the extra water weight.  And I always have my little man kicking along in there to let me know he's ok.  Thanks little guy - I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment