Friday, November 18, 2011

Apples may be a new favorite

Last night I fed him some sweet potato puree (this kid LOVES sweet potatoes) and then decided to try some apple slices.  He had them once before and was kind of interested.  I figured at the very least he would play with them so I could get his bottles ready for daycare.

Turns out he was a fan:


He happily gnawed on them for at least 15 minutes. I'm not saying that any of it actually made it down his throat to his stomach, but at least there was no fussing, gagging, or throwing up.  I count that as a win in my book.

I think this weekend I am going to try cooking an actual sweet potato and giving him some chunks to see if he'll eat them.  If not, I guess I'll be eating some sweet potato this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I made E roasted sweet potato steak fries. Again she enjoyed playing with them, sucking on them, and feeding them to the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leland loves apples! He is also a fan of frozen mangos and peaches ( I think it helps with the teething as well). He is also a fan of egg yolks.
    Glad this time went smoother with no gagging.

    ReplyDelete