Monday, November 21, 2011

Finally sitting?

I have felt like Andrew is falling behind on some milestones (I know, I know - some of them are a load of crap and all babies do things differently).  I look around and see these other babies that are months younger than him that can happily sit and play with toys and I'm just like "WTF?  Why won't he do that??".

That being said, I've been working with him on the whole sitting thing. It's especially important because we really need to transition him to the convertible car seat. He is really starting to push the limits on his current one (For length, not weight. What 30 inch baby weighs 30 lbs?  That kid would just be a meatball).

Anyway, I'm happy to say that we are having a little success and we made some progress this weekend...

"This isn't so bad, mom."



"Ok, I'll sit. By why do I have to wear this ridiculous hat??"

Another thing we did this weekend was have him sit in a restaurant high chair.  Of course I forgot to take the chair cover with us (because I didn't anticipate getting him to sit in it).  Luckily he survived for 15 minutes and I was able to eat my delicious chargrilled chicken salad while he tried to snag the bag of puffs I had on the table:


Oh, and when I got home from the gym yesterday (felt soooo good to get in a hard 4 mile run and some ab work) I saw this:



J had hung up our little flags on the palm tree by the driveway (replacing his faded and torn NC State one that was there).  I thought they looked kind of cute up there  :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Andrew! And yes, I wouldn't worry too much about the milestones, he is doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete