Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope everyone is having/had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Ours started out with a nice little 5K through the streets of historic Charleston - the perfect way to start off a day of eating, with a hard run to jump start the metabolism.

Pre-race. The look on my face is due to the dude who just walked right in front of us as my friend was about to snap the picture.

A little pre-race hydration

Andrew enjoyed his ride while we dodged the rest of the runners.  And yes, he is wearing his halloween cow costume. It's fleecy and warm and has a hood. If I had a turkey costume he would've been in that instead  :)


Some post-race relaxation


After we got home and showered Andrew enjoyed some squash...



before turning up his nose at my attempt at sweet potato fries for him.



They pretty much ended up being projectiles as he tossed them on the floor.  Oh well, I guess they'll be another side dish for us.



Right now the turkey is frying...

The sweet potato pie is baked...


And the turkey cupcakes are ready for some snacks for later.


I love a holiday that is all about eating!

I have so much to be thankful for this year and intend to enjoy every second of the day.  Now let's eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment