Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I guess it's the thought that counts

Last night I was tired. Really tired.  I had been up since 5:30 AM, spent all day working from home while also taking care of Andrew, made dinner after J got home, and gave Andrew his bath.  He wouldn't eat after his bath and I had a feeling he was going to wake me up in an hour. I was cranky.

J took the monitor and said he can help out if I have a bottle to feed Andrew and I just have to ask. I told him I shouldn't have to ask him to help take care of his child.  Like I said - I was cranky.

We went to bed at 10:30 and I fully expected him to be wailing in an hour.  I was shocked when I heard him cry and looked at the clock and it was 3:50.  Good job little buddy!

J got up with him, but neglected to turn the monitor off or take it with him, so I heard Andrew loud and clear all through the diaper change.  I remained awake until J came back in the room at 4:30. Two minutes later Andrew was yelling again and I went and got him.  He had sucked down the entire 4 oz bottle with J so I didn't think he was hungry, but I nursed him and after about 2 minutes he zonked out.  I put him back in the bassinet and went downstairs to pump since I thought I might have a boob explosion if I didn't.

I got back to bed a little after 5:00,  but was still awake at 5:40.  I must've dozed off, but at 6:24 Andrew was squawking again.

So even though J did help out last night I still didn't get any more sleep than if I had gotten up with Andrew to begin with.  Oh well - at least he tried...

No comments:

Post a Comment