Friday, July 19, 2013

Exhaustion at 34 Weeks

I am freaking tired. No matter how tired I am it still seems to take me an hour to fall asleep at night. And I don't stay asleep - I feel like I'm up every hour or hour and a half to pee, or because my hip is killing me, or because I hear a noise.

On top of that, Andrew's sleep has gone all to hell. We used to be able to get him to bed by 8:30 at the latest.  Lately he is resisting. He's not wanting to go to sleep and when we put him down he spends 30 mins to an hour playing in the crib or fussing and crying.

Last night was the worst night yet.  I could tell he was tired. His eyes were red and you could see just by looking at him that he was sleepy.  But he still didn't want to go to bed. I red some books with him and rocked him, but he wouldn't settle.  Rocking him is getting increasingly difficult for me because he squirms and digs his knees into my belly. I get frustrated and upset and can't deal with it for long.  Last night I had him in the crib at 9:00.  He played for a little bit and then we heard him start crying.  J went in to rock him for 10 mins or so.  He was nicely settled, but as soon as he was put back in the crib he started crying.

I refused to go back in there because I feel like he is just doing it so we'll go to him. I figured he would cry and fuss for 10 mins and then go to sleep.

I was wrong.

He cried for an hour before he gave up.  So he didn't fall asleep until 10:30 and then we had him up at 7:00.  I know he has to be tired, but he's currently running around like a madman driving me crazy (because I am exhausted).

What happened to my great sleeper?  I miss the kid that was easy to put down and who slept 11+ hours at night. It's gotten to the point that I absolutely dread bedtime, because it's a constant battle.  No wonder I'm having anxiety about moving him to his big kid bed...

And on to this week's check in:

How far along? 34w0d and baby is the size of a butternut squash. He should be about 18 inches and 4.5 lbs at this point.  His pupils react to light and his finger and toenails are growing longer.

Weight loss/gain:  31 lbs. Ugh.

Maternity clothes: I think all pants are maternity with the exception of some yoga pants and pj pants.  Shirts are 50/50 and I still fit into some regular dresses.

Symptoms:  I'm freaking tired.

Sex (of baby):  It's a BOY!!!

Name: I started my list and then got distracted. We really need to get on that.

Sleep: MY Sleep is ok, but Andrew's is not and it's taking it's toll.

Best moment this week? I guess setting up Andrew's big boy room.

Movement: A lot. I almost wish he would drop so he would get the hell out of my ribs.

Food cravings:  I ate an entire watermelon this week by myself. And I want more.

Belly button in or out?  In.  Slightly shallow, but I don't see it popping.

What I miss?  Feeling good.

What I'm looking forward to?  I found out this week that our awesome photographer who has done our family pictures twice is having a special on newborn photo sessions, so I booked one for this little guy. I'm so excited to get some good newborn photos instead of just the ones that the photographer at the hospital does (Andrew's came out great, but there weren't many options). I'm debating on the maternity photos still.

Milestones:  6 weeks (or hopefully less!) to go.

What I'm nervous about:  The exhaustion of dealing with a newborn on top of dealing with my hyper toddler.

And this week's pictures.


And the head on shot:



No comments:

Post a Comment