Thursday, September 26, 2013

Some Comparisons

I know you aren't supposed to, but I also know I won't be able to help comparing my two boys as they grow.  Right now there isn't much to go on since Elliot is only one month old (and Andrew is 2.5 as of today - where has the time gone?!?), but I'm already seeing some similarities and differences between the two.

Andrew at 1 day old and Elliot at 5 days old

They were similar in size when born - Andrew was 7 lbs 5 oz and 20.75 inches and Elliot was 7 lbs 8 oz and 20 inches.  According to the measurement they had the same size head, but Andrew's looked a lot bigger. I think it's because Elliot's face is kind of compact.  Andrew had/has long and thick eyelashes and Elliot's are almost non-existent.  Andrew had a thin tuft of light hair on the top of his head and Elliot has a mass of dark hair on the back of his, but not much on top.  Andrew has blue eyes and it's looking like Elliot's are going to be brown.  They both have the little pouty lips and so far they have similar noses.

As far as temperament it's hard to tell just yet.  From what I remember I think Andrew was a little fussier.  Elliot is pretty laid back so far.  He fusses, but there's always a reason. He's either tired, hungry or needs changed.  Andrew loved being swaddled but Elliot raises hell if we try to confine him and pin his arms.  Andrew loved the swing and slept in it a lot in the first month or so but Elliot doesn't enjoy it that much. He'll sit in it some, but he'd rather be elsewhere.

They both LOVE sleeping on the boppy pillow

 They are also both very snuggly and cuddly.  Andrew's favorite place to nap seemed to be on our chests and Elliot is following suit:

You can see the difference in their hair here, too,

As Elliot grows I am interested to see in what other ways they are alike and different.  All I know is they are both super sweet and I love them to death.  J and I have two adorable little boys and I feel beyond blessed to be able to call myself their mom.


4 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm going to need you to stop posting these pictures of pure cuteness. This, combined with the MANY pregnant ladies I saw over the weekend is only increasing my fever and it. is. not. time. :-)

    But seriously, the cuteness! You are blessed indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the cuteness! Stop trying to give me baby fever. I love the comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, G needs a little buddy so I'll keep trying to give you baby fever ;)

      Delete