Friday, December 21, 2012

Moment of Silence

This morning at 9:30 there will be a nationwide moment of silence to honor the 20 beautiful children and six heroic educators that senselessly and tragically lost their lives last Friday.

I haven't posted anything about the tragedy because to be honest, I have a hard time thinking or talking about it without tearing up.  From the moment I was made aware of it (by a text from a friend as I was leaving my grandmother's funeral) I have had a knot in my stomach and those 26 souls have not been far from my mind.

I pray for peace and comfort, for them and for their families and loved ones.  The pain their survivors must feel is unimaginable.  I can't even let my mind go there - it's just too much.

And now I'm crying again...

1 comment:

  1. I feel you. I haven't had a day yet that I haven't cried about it. It's hard enough to put it into a prayer, much less blog about it.

    ReplyDelete