Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Moments That Really Matter

There are days when nothing seems to go right. Days when I feel so rushed and overwhelmed that I am barely keeping my head above water.  It seems like prior to becoming a mom I had just enough time to do everything that I needed to do in a given day or even week.  Now that I am a mom that time is gone. I constantly feel like I am letting things slide and slip through the cracks. And it feels like I'm not measuring up to where I should be - as a wife, as a mom, or just as me in general.

Those days are hard.

But I try not to judge myself too harshly.  I know in my heart that we are doing ok. Our house might not be as spotless as it once was. There might be an errant goldfish cracker that he finds from who knows how long ago and pops in his mouth before I can stop him.  There might be little hand prints on some of our windows and a sippy laying here or there.  The toys might not all be put neatly away at the end of every day, and that's ok.

The fact is, if I spent my time worrying about these little things that in the grand scheme of things don't really matter, I would miss out on special moments like this:


Who cares that Santa is face down on the floor or that there are pine needles that need to be swept up under the tree? My two favorite guys in the entire world were having a little quiet time before bed and I wanted to take a moment to bask in the love that I feel for these two.

The cleaning can wait...

2 comments:

  1. I completely feel you! I'm surprisingly much tidier now that I'm a mom, but yeah, there are toys EVERYwhere as I type this. Everywhere. And my kitchen really needs to be cleaned. But you know what? Its okay. For everyone. :-)

    ReplyDelete