Friday, February 1, 2013

New EDD and 10 Weeks!


At my appt on Tuesday my EDD got moved.  When I called to make the appt I lied about the date of my last period because I knew they would base the due date on that and it would be wrong.  I was charting and I knew that I ovulated on CD9 (cycle day 9) and not the standard CD14 that doctor's offices base it on.  But then when I was filling out the paperwork I messed up and put the actual date of my LMP, so they gave me a 09/08/13 due date instead of the 09/02/13 date that I had based on my chart.

I explained all of this to the sonographer before we got started. I don't think she was buying it.  Then she started doing the measurements and we found that I was measuring 9w4d. Since that was more than a week off of what I would have been based on my LMP my doctor decided to go with the 08/30/13 EDD that the measurements gave us.  I'll go with it since that's what they have for me - so that moves my weekly ticker changes to Fridays instead of Mondays.  So on that note - here is my week 10 check in:

How far along? 10w0d - it's the size of a prune (of which I am eating a crapload with no effect).  It has working arm joints and is starting to develop fingernails and hair.

Weight loss/gain:  Not really sure. I haven't weighed myself at home in over a week.  The doctor's office had be +5 lbs from my BFP weight, but that was later in the day after eating and drinking and fully clothed.  I'll break down and weigh myself this weekend.

Maternity clothes: Nope - my regular clothes fit just fine.

Symptoms:  My colon hates me and the nausea comes and goes. Fun stuff.

Sex (of baby):  We'll be finding out, and possibly sooner rather than later. Due to my "advanced maternal age" I was referred to MUSC for the MaterniT21 test. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I think they will be able to tell us if it's a boy.  That test is on the 12th of this month, so we could know by the end of February.

Sleep: I've been sleeping fine, normally waking up once a night to pee. And this whole week I've woken up about 5 minutes before my alarm goes off, which is kind of annoying.

Best moment this week? Seeing Munchkin 2.0 on the u/s on Tuesday.

Movement: Nope.  S/he may be moving in there but I won't feel it for a while.

Food cravings:  Nothing really. I'm eating fruit like a madwoman to try to loosen my bowels, though.

Belly button in or out?  In

What I miss?  Not feeling like I constantly have a bowling ball in my gut.

What I'm looking forward to?  Next appt is still 25 days away (regular appt, not the MaterniT21 one) so I guess I'm just looking forward to a relaxing weekend this weekend (I hope!).

Milestones:  Seeing the heartbeat.

What I'm nervous about:  Telling work.  There have been some changes around here lately and I have to tell them sooner rather than later (with Andrew I waited until 17 weeks). Not sure how to bring it up.

The bloat seems to be subsiding a little bit, but this bulky sweater isn't doing me any favors.  Neither is my somewhat sizable ass.  Oh well.





7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I just feel like the first place weight goes on me is my butt.

      Delete
  2. I love how they don't believe you when you tell them when you ovulate. I had a similar experience except I ovulate late. Told them that, but no one believed. Went for my ultrasound on Wed and was measuring almost a week behind. No surprise here, it was the same with Leland. But it was very reassuring to see a heartbeat. EDD will be 9/17.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering who Jeff was! Congrats on seeing the heartbeat!!

      Delete