Monday, October 25, 2010

What I realized yesterday

As I was standing out in the driveway helping my husband move a saw so he could cut some molding (yes - the same husband who is supposed to be taking it easy and letting his shoulder heal) I was doing some math in my head. Then it hit me - I am 2/5 of the way through this pregnancy.  Yikes!

I said that out loud to J (the 2/5 part, not the yikes) and he just laughed.  I said "No seriously - that's kind of a scary thought!".  It made me realize that all the things that I have been saying "We have plenty of time" about are going to have to get done.  Now we just need his shoulder to heal so we can start doing some work on the nursery.  If only I could get him to sit still.

This week's check in:

How far along? 16w1d - baby is the size of an avocado. Avocados = guacamole which goes great with beer. I miss beer.

Weight gain/loss: 7.7  lbs according to my scale yesterday. Seems to be creeping up faster now. I blame part of that on the re-emergence of cement bowel.  I hate my colon sometimes.

Maternity Clothes: Still not wearing any, but I really could've gone for a pair of pants on Saturday. I think it's time to stop wearing pants made out of material with no give.  I did order a pair of pants online and tried to go to Target to look, but their selection sucked.

Symptoms: Cement bowel is making a comeback. I think my body is becoming immune to my miralax routine.  Not cool.

Gender: Now I'm starting to think boy.  We find out for sure on Nov 30th.  Five more long weeks...
Sleep? Sleeping pretty good except for last night. My unhappy bowels were not allowing me to get comfy. 

Best moment this week? Having my regular OB appt and getting to hear the heartbeat just beating away in there.  Very cool to hear and was a relief.

Movement: Still feeling nothing.  I know it's still early, but I want it to happen soon.

Food cravings/aversions: No major aversions, but I have been eating way too much Halloween candy.  I need to keep that crap out of the house.  I'm also loving fruit, so maybe that helps balance out the bad.

Belly button in or out? In and feeling pretty normal.

What I miss? Beer.  And not being uber bloated at the end of the day.

What I am looking forward to? Feeling baby move and finding out what's in there.

Milestones: Hitting 16 weeks is really the only milestone from this past week.

What I'm nervous about: Not really nervous about anything at the moment. Except for the fact that weight gain seems to be increasing at a faster pace than I would like it to.

Here is a pic from this morning of my 16w1d 'bump'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment