Monday, May 16, 2011

Six Glorious Hours

That's right - last night Andrew slept for 6 hours straight. Well, 5 hours and 54 minutes, but it's pretty damn close!

I was in shock, especially since it didn't seem that he ate that much before bed. And he had napped quite a bit in the afternoon.  I figured if I got 3 hours out of him it would be a good night.  I almost did a happy dance on the way to pick him up to change his diaper and feed him at 4:45 this morning.

We got up at 8:16 this morning and snuggled in bed for a little bit before starting our day.  Andrew was in a happy mood while we hung out.



We took a walk to drop off the daycare contract at the place where we will (hopefully) be leaving Andrew once I have to go back to work.  That's one of the things I like about it - it's within walking distance.  And I'm hoping that the walking is going to help me knock off these last 10 lbs.

Here's me before our walk this morning


Now I'm waiting for him to settle so we can make a run to Wal-Mart and get some stuff that we need around the house. He is currently laying on his boppy next to me on the couch and 'talking' to me.

So far it's been a good day and I'm going to enjoy every second of the last week of my maternity leave.

4 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo for 6 hours of sleep and you looking freaking amazing for having a baby 7 weeks ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look fabulous!!!
    and your kid is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You look amazing and getting such a long sleep stretch is a dream of mine...I'm glad your little guy is working on a full night's sleep for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I know it'll be a while til everything is back where it's supposed to be, but we're working on it. And one look at his sweet little smiling face makes it all so worth it :)

    ReplyDelete