Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thanks buddy!

Yesterday Andrew was my happy little baby and we had a great day of visiting my office and shopping at Babies R Us before taking a nap in the afternoon.


I love the huge grin - too bad he closed his eyes


Last night we took the little man to Senor Tequilas for dinner and he didn't make a peep the entire time. When we got home we lounged on the couch and watched some tv before giving him a bath in his bedtime bath and putting his bedtime lotion on him.  I swaddled him in his new Summer Infant Swaddle Wrap and we gave him a bottle of milk I'd pumped earlier.  We're trying this to see if maybe if we get a decent amount of milk in him he'll sleep longer.

At 11:30 he was still awake (he'd napped for almost 4 hours in the afternoon) and J needed to go to bed since he was getting up early to ride.  I took Andrew out and sat in the rocker with him til he fell asleep 15 minutes later.  I put him down at 11:45 and the next thing I knew it was 5:14 AM. He slept for 5 hours and 30 minutes.  Way to go little man!  Needless to say I was beyond thrilled.

I fed him the couple ounces I had left from pumping and then nursed him til he quit.  He didn't eat that much, so I put him down and went downstairs to pump the rest before hopping back in bed.  I woke up at 9:16 and heard him making a little bit of noise.  He had slept for another 3 1/2 hours.  Woo hoo!  I actually felt like a human being when I got up!

We got ready and headed to the park for J's company picnic.  He was a bit of a fuss butt and wanted to be held, but that's ok because everyone wanted to see him anyway.  We had taken a bottle along with us (I'm still not ready to nurse in public).  He did great and we had a nice afternoon.



I did get him to nap in the stroller for about 15 minutes so I could eat

Now he is snoozing on the couch while I do some of his laundry so I have a fresh gown to put him in after tonight's bath.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he gives us a repeat performance of last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment