Sunday, May 1, 2011

I feel like a new woman

Yesterday, last night, and this morning did wonders for my state of mind and well being.  I actually feel human today.

Yesterday we got up and went downtown so J could help out one of our friends with his team for the Boys & Girls Club charity.  They had teams of 5 people that had to do pushups for 45 minutes and the team that did the most won. Not sure what they won, though.  J's team only had 3 people, so obviously they weren't going to win.  And they were doing real pushups while some of the other teams were barely bending their arms.  Either way, it was for a good cause.

After that we walked over to the farmer's market and got some fresh produce.  I love supporting the local growers and getting some fresh veggies.  And the weather was gorgeous so it was a good afternoon.

We got home and both napped on the couch with Andrew.  While we were relaxing my friend, Colleen, texted to see if I wanted to meet her to go get a pedicure.  Hell yeah!  I needed some girl time and some "me" time.  I got ready, nursed Andrew, handed him over to J, and headed out.

It was so nice to hang out and get a little time to myself.  I stopped at Target on the way home to get some bigger diapers for Andrew, some more nursing bras for me, and some clearance Easter candy for J.

We had a relaxing night at home and put him down for bed at 10:55. I commented that he'd probably have me up in an hour. At 1:00 I woke up and looked at the monitor. He'd barely moved. At 2:00 I woke up and looked again - he still hadn't moved. I got scared that something was wrong so I went in to make sure he was still breathing. Yep - all was good. I crawled back in bed and at 2:30 he woke me up crying.  Woo hoo!  3 1/2 hours!

Of course I was up with him for 90 minutes because he would not stop eating and fussing. But at 4:00 I was back in bed. At 6:30 he got me up again and I fed him, but he didn't eat that much. So I took him downstairs figuring he was just going to fuss.  10 minutes later J came down to see what I was doing.  And he said something that made me fall even more in love with him.  "Give him to me and you go back to bed for a few hours."

I went back upstairs at 7:00 and went back to bed.  The next thing I knew I rolled over and it was 10:37. Ahhhhhh - just what I needed.  I got up, got dressed, and went downstairs feeling great.  For once my eyes weren't burning and my head wasn't hurting. I felt spectacular!

We had a lazy afternoon and then I popped him in the Snugli, J and I grabbed the dogs, and we went for a walk. Perfect weather for it, too. Not too hot, no humidity, and enough of a breeze to keep the bugs away. 

Now Andrew is asleep next to me on the couch after a bath and a feeding and I'm about to go put him in the bassinet and go to bed. Life is good  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea for a great weekend! And it's anniversary month for us May 2009 Nesties!!