Tuesday, October 5, 2010

1/3 of the way there


How is it possible that I am already into the 2nd trimester?  I guess it helps that by the time you even know you are pregnant you are already 1/3 of the way through the 1st tri.  And that's IF you are paying attention to your cycle and testing early.  Some people don't realize they are knocked up til 6 or 8 weeks in. 

Anyway, it seems crazy to me that this pregnancy is already a third of the way done.  Maybe because at the moment I don't really feel pregnant.  Most symptoms have abated, I have no visible bump, and for the most part I feel like my normal old self.  So I guess I'm back to my "Wow, this is pretty easy" train of thought as far as this pregnancy is concerned.  Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

To celebrate my move into the 2nd phase of the pregnancy I am taking a nice long weekend trip out to Scottsdale, AZ to visit my sister.  She is a pediatrician doing the whole locum tenens thing, traveling around and working in different parts of the country.  She's a singleton (though she doesn't want to be) so she feels that since she has no ties she might as well see the country.  It works out great for all us family members since we get to visit her in her different locales. 

I'm looking forward to the trip - mostly because I haven't seen her since the end of August - but also since I've never been to AZ.  We'll be making a trip to the Grand Canyon, doing lots of shopping, going to the Arizona Cardinals game on Sunday, and possibly going to a spa in Sedona.  She informed me this morning that the temps are only going to be in the 80's while I'm out there instead of the 100's that they have been.  Good to know that I won't be dealing with some nice heat stroke on my mini-vacation!

Anyway, without further ado - here is this week's check in:

How far along? 13w2d - baby is the size of a peach. Mmmm - peaches. I could really go for some nice fresh fruit right about now.

Weight gain/loss: 4.5  lbs according to my scale this morning. It goes up and down between 3.5 - 5 lbs pretty much on a daily basis. In the healthy range for 1st tri weight gain so I'm happy.

Maternity Clothes: Still no - all my clothes fit great still. I scored some free maternity stuff from one of J's co-workers yesterday and still need to go through it all to see if any of it will fit (she is tiny when not KU, so we'll see).

Symptoms: At the moment I really don't have any. I get some queasiness in the mornings sometimes but it always passes pretty quickly. And thanks to my Miralax I am no longer cursing my colon on a daily basis.

Gender: Per the Chinese Gender Predictor it is going to be a girl. I don't put much stock in that, though.  Six or so weeks until we find out.

Sleep? Sleeping great even with the 2 or 3 pee breaks during the night. 

Best moment this week? We had a cookout at our house this past weekend and it was so great to hang out with everyone and not have to be all covert about my lack of an alcoholic beverage.  I love not having to hide it any more.  We also found out that our friend's wife is pregnant and about 3 weeks behind me. I am pretty psyched to have someone to go through this whole ordeal with now.

Movement: I'm sure s/he's moving in there, but it's still too early to feel.  I am really looking forward to that, though.

Food cravings/aversions: Honestly, nothing.  No 'I have to have it' moments or 'Ugh - get that away from me before I puke' moments.  Food is pretty uneventful for me.

Belly button in or out? In and feeling pretty normal.

What I miss? Having a cocktail with the girls, being able to go out for sushi if I want it, and still a beer while watching football. This season will just not be the same.

What I am looking forward to? Looking pregnant instead of just like I may have had a large lunch. I see all these pregnant bellies when I am at the store and I can't wait to have mine, too.

Milestones: Making it to the end of the 1st trimester with little drama.  One down, two to go.

What I'm nervous about: Still have no results from the bloodwork so I am waiting on that. I'll of course be nervous before the next appt on Oct 20th - at least until I hear the heartbeat and know everything is ok.

Here is a pic of my pretty non-existent bump:
The little bulge there is from the waist of my pants - no real bump to speak of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment