Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm liking these numbers

Yesterday I called my doctor to get the results of the bloodwork from the NT scan. I was told they would call me with the results in 7-10 days and it had been two weeks. Part of me was afraid maybe they were waiting to tell me the bad news at my appointment next Wednesday (yes, I tend to be a pessimist!).

I called and the receptionist said a nurse would call me back.  Almost two nerve wracking hours later I finally got the phone call I was waiting for.  All good news  :)

Risk of Downs Syndrome went from 1 in 300 (based on age) to 1 in 6,701

Risk of Trisomy 13 and 18 went from 1 in 578 (based on age and general population) to less than 1 in 10,000

That definitely gave me a little peace of mind. I know it's not like saying there is no way it's going to happen, but our odds look better.  There will be another blood draw between 15 and 20 weeks where they will recalculate all my odds and also check for Spina Bifida.  Oh joy - more blood.  But for right now I'm happy and just looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment