Monday, October 18, 2010

I guess it's the thought that counts

This past Saturday, while J was busy swearing at the TV while watching his Wolfpack lose in OT (my team was off so I didn't have to watch us suck again) I started going through the box of maternity clothes that a woman he works with sent over.  I was fairly certain that nothing was going to actually fit me. This woman is maybe 90 lbs soaking wet when she isn't knocked up and is also very petite. I'm 5'7" tall and of a healthy weight for my height (132 pre-pregnancy).  Anyway, I hoped for the best and dug in.

There were several very cute pairs of pants - that were all size 0 maternity.  I literally laughed out loud. I have not seen that size since probably middle school. To humor myself I tried a pair on. I did get them on, but stuffed sausage isn't the look I'm going for while pregnant, so I need to pass on all the pants.  There were also quite a few XS shirts that will not be fitting these 32D's.  I did come away with a nice stretchy sweater, a cardigan, and a coat-like thing that will fit. The rest will be passed on to other people or taken to Goodwill.   I definitely appreciate the gesture, but part of me thinks she must be insane. She has met me in the past and I can't believe she actually thought this stuff might fit. Then again - maybe she was just trying to clean out her closet.  Oh well.

Now for this week's check in:

How far along? 15w1d - baby is the size of a navel orange. Which reminds me - I bought some tangerines this weekend and forgot to bring one as a snack today. Damn!

Weight gain/loss: 5.7  lbs according to my scale yesterday. I guess that's not too bad for where I am in this pregnancy.

Maternity Clothes: Still no, but I think I may be getting close. My jeans were not comfortable by the time I got home from work on Friday and I was loving my stretchy lounge pants this weekend.

Symptoms: Right now - nothing.  Feeling pretty good and enjoying it while it lasts.

Gender: I was leaning towards Team Pink - and Saturday J referred to the baby as "she", but now I'm not so sure.

Sleep? Sleeping great even with the 2 or 3 pee breaks during the night. 

Best moment this week? Getting the results of the bloodwork from the NT scan (finally). Everything looked good and it did a little to set my mind at ease.

Movement: I'm sure s/he's moving in there, but it's still too early to feel.  I am really looking forward to that, though.

Food cravings/aversions: Pretty much nothing.  I was fiending after some cracked pepper Krunchers potato chips yesterday, though.

Belly button in or out? In and feeling pretty normal.

What I miss? Still beer.

What I am looking forward to? The doctor's appt this Wednesday. I won't get to see baby, but I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat.  Also looking more pregnant - it's definitely getting there.

Milestones: Nothing really - hitting 15 weeks I guess.

What I'm nervous about: Not finding a heartbeat at the appt this week.  I need to stop thinking like that and stressing out.

And for your viewing pleasure - here is a pic of my 15w1d tiny bump

Excuse the poor quality - the bathroom lighting and my camera phone leave a lot to be desired  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment