Friday, April 1, 2011

It's crazy to think...

That a week ago he was still in my belly and I looked like this:


This was my last bump pic taken on 3/23 - 3 days before Andrew's unexpected arrival.

Now, 6 days after his arrival I look like this:


I weighed myself this morning and am already down to just 12 lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight.  Part of it might be due to being so tired that I forget to eat (which I know is not good - I need to eat healthy for him).  Part of it might be that my muscles are going away since I haven't worked out in a week.  Of course 7 1/2 lbs of the weight was him, plus the placenta, fluids, blood, and whatever else.  Just seems crazy that 20 lbs is gone after a week.

I will say that it IS nice to be fitting into normal clothes.  I will be packing up those maternity clothes in no time!

And - because he is so freaking cute - here are some more pictures of Andrew...


Laying on the quilt that my aunt Lynne made for him


Lounging after a feeding


Sleeping in daddy's lap. His fuzzy head cracks me up  :)


Andrew and daddy on the floor in the nursery


Hanging out with grandma.  My mom was here for 3 days to help out after we got home from the hospital. Even though initially I said I wanted it to be just me and J for a few days I am SO grateful that she was here!

I'll update tomorrow with the whole name drama saga.  I'm still pretty pissed about it so I don't want to think about it right now.

4 comments:

  1. You look great! I love the pictures of him, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuzzy head! He's so cute! And you look great 6 days PP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You look amazing!!! Definitely not like you just had a baby 6 days ago ;) I cannot wait to wear normal clothes again!

    And your little Andrew is seriously adorable! Glad everyone's enjoying him! Take Care

    ReplyDelete