Saturday, April 16, 2011

On our own

It's official - we are now on our own with our little man. Not sure why, but that scares me a little.

See, we got home from the hospital on a Monday and my mom got here that afternoon. She stuck around until Wednesday evening and then she headed home. I was in tears as she left - partly due to hormones, but also out of fear.

J's mom got here the next afternoon and has been here the past two weeks. She was a gigantic help, especially at night or when I really needed a nap. She would watch Andrew and keep him calm, unless he needed to eat and then she would wake me up. It enabled me to sleep for 2 or 3 hour stretches at night so I was a little less of a zombie.

Now it's just us. And I'm scared.

It's possible I'll actually get a little more sleep at night since I'll be feeding him on demand instead of setting my alarm for every three hours. Then again, I will be so hyper aware of any noise that he makes that I might not sleep at all.  He's having another one of his super hungry days where he is wanting to eat every hour or so. That might not bode well for a restful night.

I guess we'll see what happens tonight...

Hopefully he is this sweet and sleepy tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment