Monday, February 27, 2012

11 Months (and one day)


Holy cow!  Our little munchkin turned 11 months old yesterday.  I am SO in denial about the fact that he will be a year old in just 28 days...


He can't believe it either!



Age:  11 months - yikes!

Stats:  I'm just going to guess that he is about 21 lbs and 30 inches.

Size (diapers, clothes, etc.):  Still in size 3 diapers and they are fitting just fine.  9 month onesies and bodysuits still fit, but the 9 month pants are now looking like capris on him so he is wearing the 12 month ones.  He still has some 6-12 month outfits that fit fine.  I put him in a 12-18 month one the other day and it was huge.  So for right now the 9 and 12 month clothes appear to be the best fit.

Sleeping:  He's still sleeping 10+ hours most nights with very few night wakings (of course last night was one of those few - mommy is tired).  Still doing two naps a day around 9:00 and 1:00.  Two days last week he took almost 4 hour naps in the afternoon.  Not sure what that was all about, but I guess he needed the extra snooze time. Thankfully it didn't mess with his night sleeping.



Eating: BF in the morning and evening (if he wants it).  He's been getting three 6 oz bottles of expressed milk at daycare and we give him a bottle of formula or formula/BM at bedtime.  I feed him breakfast before dropping him off at daycare - either cereal with fruit or yogurt.  He eats meat and a veggie (or fruit) for lunch and has snacks of yogurt bites, broccoli puffs, wagon wheels or goldfish throughout the day.  We've been doing the stage 3 foods for dinner along with some finger foods. I am proud to say that he celebrated turning 11 months last night by eating 6 pieces of pork tenderloin and 5 or 6 scalloped potatoes.  No gagging and no puking - I was so proud!

Milestones:  Two more teeth (the next ones on top) and another one on the way on the bottom (so he's up to 6 total right now).  He has started clapping, is pulling up on everything, and climbed up 5 of the stairs yesterday. We really need to get a bannister on those things!

New adventures:  We took him to the Southeastern Wildlife Expo last weekend and he got to kind of play on one of the bouncy houses. He also went to his first event at Boone Hall plantation when we went to the oyster festival.

Favorite toys and activities:  He loves the little activity table now that he can stand up and play with it. Still a huge fan of the jumperoo - this kid loves to bounce.  Right now he loves anything that he can bang on the floor and make noise. I have a feeling our hardwoods are going to need some TLC after this kid gets through with them!  Oh, and now that he can stand and reach he loves to pull things off the shelves in his room.



Funny happenings:  The funniest thing is just the comments and compliments we get on him and his hair when we are out.  When I have him in the shopping cart at the grocery store he just sits there and chills so when I am unloading the groceries at checkout he sits there staring at the person in line behind us.  He never fails to bring a smile to the person  that's there.  Everyone loves his fuzzy head  :)

What I'm looking forward to:  Obviously the biggest thing will be his birthday. I'm not really looking forward to it because then we no longer have a baby.  I have enjoyed this first year even more than I ever thought possible and it amazes me that it's almost over.

2 comments:

  1. It is so hard for me to believe that your sweetie will be one year old in less than a month! I love his fuzzy hair, too. I'd have to rub it if I saw him in person. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I'm still in shock. And I rub his fuzzy head all the time :)

      Delete