Thursday, June 6, 2013

And So It Begins

Hurricane season that is.

June 1st is the official start of the season and it runs through the end of November.  Normally the beginning of the season is pretty quiet and things start to ramp up around August.  Well, mother nature decided to kick things off early this year. We are currently under a tropical storm warning due to Tropical Storm Andrea.  It appears that she will possibly be passing by this way tomorrow morning.


I just got an email from Andrea (daycare provider, not the storm) that they may have to close tomorrow depending on what DSS says (they have to follow all of their regulations).  So just in case I'll take my laptop home tonight so I can work from home with the munchkin if need be.  It doesn't appear that we should get too much - they are mostly worried about flooding.  But I guess if the winds are high enough they may close the bridges and being that it is impossible for me to get to work without going across at least one high bridge I wouldn't be able to get here anyway.

In the 11 years that I have lived in SC we haven't had any major storms. There's been a few tropical storms and some wind and rain, but nothing to write home about.  I hope that doesn't mean that we are due for a big one - especially considering that 2.0 is due right when the season is really ramping up.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have any major storms hitting the lowcountry this year. The last thing I need is for me to have to evacuate with a toddler and a newborn by myself. If something were to hit here J would have to stay because of work, which would really suck.

I won't let myself worry about that right now, though. For right now I'll just sit back and watch the wind blow and the rain fall while my second little dude dances around in my belly all safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment