Tuesday, June 3, 2014

9 Months In and Out - A Body Update

It's official - Elliot has now been out for even longer than he was in.  He was born at 39w1d (according to one of my due dates) and he's now been out for 40w3d.

This was me the day that my water broke (at 11:28 PM that night):


I was feeling large and in charge by that point.  I gained I think 37 lbs with Elliot's pregnancy, which I wasn't really happy about.  I had a harder time reining in my appetite with him and I wasn't able to get to the gym as often as I did when I was pregnant with Andrew.  On the plus side, Elliot was born towards the end of bathing suit season (as opposed to at the beginning like Andrew) so I had plenty of time to get my body back in shape before it was time to get myself into a swim suit.

Unfortunately having that extra time didn't get me back in stellar shape.  My appetite has been a little ridiculous and I have seriously the worst willpower when it comes to not eating sweets when they are in the house.  That being said, here I am today:


I'm getting there, but I'm not there yet.  I have finally gotten back under 140 lbs so I am within 7 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight.  I feel like the majority of it is hanging out in my butt/thigh area.  I'm hoping that starting to run more will help me see a little progress in those areas.  To get me motivated I have decided that I'm going to run the Charleston Half Marathon in January. I know that is far off, but it will be good as far as training since it won't be miserably hot and humid when I'm in the thick of it.  I might suck it up and do the one in Georgetown in October, but I haven't decided yet.

I've also started logging all of my food using myfitnesspal on my phone to hopefully hold myself accountable for what I eat.  I'm always so hungry (probably due to breastfeeding) but I need to start making better choices.  I started this morning with a run:


followed up with a smoothie made with spinach, berries, milk and plain greek yogurt.  Bathing suit season is here and I'm not ready for it, but I'm hoping I can get myself into a swim suit and out in public without being miserably self conscious.

Now it's time for me to go drink more water and try to resist the sweets that are calling my name. Wish me luck!


3 comments:

  1. I think with each pregnancy it is just harder to get your body back to its old normal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It seems much harder this time, but I guess it doesn't help that I'm also two years older.

      Delete
  2. First of all, you really do look great! Second, you can still see those abs coming through! I think you're doing great :)

    ReplyDelete