Monday, August 23, 2010

Queasy stomachs and pudgy fingers


Oh yeah - I think m/s is about to hit big time. I felt queasy all morning while getting ready for work and now I am sitting here looking at my smoothie and it does not look good to me at all. I could really go for some carbs to settle my stomach. I think I'm going to need to keep some crackers upstairs for me to munch on while I get ready for work. I think it's just my empty stomach revolting against me.

Other than that I feel fine.  Well, except for my sausage fingers on my right hand that are making typing a real challenge this morning.  In my infinite wisdom I decided to try to prune one of our date palms on Saturday, sans gloves.  Not smart.  After three pretty good stabs, some dripping blood, and quite a bit of swearing I gave up.  Shortly there after my fingers started to hurt and swell.  Now my index and middle finger on my right hand look like the Hamburger Helper mitt.  Not sure how long this will last, but I'm hoping it goes away soon.  And next time I will definitely wear gloves... or have J do it.

Here's my weekly check-in:

How far along? 7w1d - baby is the size of a blueberry.


Weight gain/loss: 0.5 lbs. I attribute that to my crappy eating and no exercise over the weekend, though. I'm heading back to the gym today.

Symptoms: Definitely feeling more queasy today. My breakfast smoothie is not the least bit appetizing to me today.  Other than that, just my heart racing periodically.

Sleep? Sleeping pretty good. I find myself waking up 30 mins or less before my alarm goes off in the morning, though.  Then I can't fall bask to sleep. Not cool.

Best moment this week? Nothing’s really happened yet.

Movement: No – that won’t happen for a while!

Food cravings: Still loving the sweets. And starting to have a crush on some carbs.

Belly button in or out? In – but it feels kind of weird. The top fold of it feels hard for some reason.

What I miss? Hanging out with friends. I feel like I am in hiding since I'm trying to not tell people yet. It's hard to be around everyone who is drinking and not look really conspicuous when I'm not.

What I am looking forward to? My first appt on 8/31 when I’ll finally get to see the little peanut

Milestones: The fact that I hit 7 weeks and am still pregnant

What I'm nervous about: I'm nervous that something is wrong and will be until next Tuesday when we have the u/s.  I really just want to make sure something is actually in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment