Tuesday, March 8, 2011

35 week check in

Let me just say that I am definitely starting to feel the effects of this pregnancy.  Part of me can't wait until it's over so I can go back to feeling normal - or whatever my new normal will be at least.  The other small part of me is panicking since we still have a lot to do and less than 5 weeks until the due date.  If we don't get moving and finish that nursery we are going to be in trouble.  Babies can sleep in laundry baskets, right?  (I kid, I kid!)

Anyway, with the lack of sleep, aches and pains, and a 5 1/2 pound fetus using my bladder for a punching bag I am not the ray of sunshine I'd like to think that I normally am.  Poor J has been a very good sport about putting up with my cranky ass lately - he deserves a prize.

And on to my check in:

How far along? 35w2d.  At the u/s last week he measured ~ 5 lbs 7 oz.  If that's right he's probably weighing in at a hefty 6 lbs right now and about 18 inches long.  Don't get too big in there, buddy!

Weight gain/loss: +27 lbs with less than 5 weeks to go. My 30 lb goal doesn't look doable, but I should be able to keep it under 35.

Maternity Clothes: Still 50/50.  Non-maternity pants today.  It's getting harder and harder to find things to wear that don't make me feel like a whale, though.

Symptoms:  Some stellar BH contractions on Sunday, I hate my colon, and my lower back has started aching.

Labor Signs:  None yet - unless waking up at 5:00 AM with bad back pain is one.

Gender:  It's a boy!!!

Sleep? Sleep sucks. Even though I'm tired when I go to bed it's hard to fall asleep.  And I suck at napping so I am doomed when this kid gets here.

Best moment this week? The growth u/s on Thursday and getting to see our little guy again.  So odd to think that the next time we see him it will be in the flesh. No more fuzzy black and white pictures.

Movement: All the time.  Found out at the u/s that his back is to the right side of my belly so that's why I feel most of the movement on the left side.  And he gets hiccups a lot.

Food cravings/aversions: Starburst sour jelly beans have been my downfall this week.

Belly button in or out? Stretched beyond any recognition as a belly button, but it still hasn't popped.  Please hang on for another 5 weeks!

Stretch marks?  Still none on my belly. And I continue to lotion up like it might actually do something to prevent them. 

What I miss? Not feeling like shit because I can't take one.  9 months of constipation is ridiculous.

What I am looking forward to? Baby shower this weekend - kind of.  It means his parents will be in town and we don't really have the room for them to stay at the house but I'm sure they will be. They are very nice people, but they get on my nerves sometimes and my nerves are already shot.

Milestones: Hitting 35/35 on Sunday.

What I'm nervous about: Not recognizing labor signs and not realizing when it starts. Probably a stupid fear, but it's what's on my mind at the moment.

And a bump pic from this morning:

3 comments:

  1. you are so tiny and you look fantastic! I had to forgo running yesterday for the first time. It was so sad! I need to email you so we can exchange info! congrats on 35! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I haven't run since last Thursday. I looked at the treadmill last night and just couldn't do it - especially knowing how low his head is! Maybe I'll get some motivation tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love to have my c--k in your ass while I play with your tits and c--t

    ReplyDelete