Friday, March 4, 2011

He's HOW big???

Yesterday we had a growth u/s to check on the progress of the little guy since I was measuring small two weeks ago.  Based on how big I've been feeling I kind of thought that maybe that measurement was off and that he is growing just fine.

I wasn't wrong.

We had a different u/s tech and was in a different room than all the other ones I've had so far.  She commented on my belly saying it looked like I just had a ball in there. I seem to have gained most of the weight in my belly (and my bra).  Not a bad thing, I guess.  At least it didn't all go to my ass.

She put the goo on my belly and grabbed the wand. He popped right up on the screen.  He's a little harder to see now since he's kind of squished and there isn't as much fluid around him as there was 13 weeks ago at the anatomy scan.  But it didn't matter - he looked great!

His head is down very low and the tech commented that I must have to pee all the time. If she only knew!  She was then amazed at how far up his legs were. Little man is apparently stretching out in there.  It turns out that I am feeling most of the movement on the left side of my belly because his back is to the right side.  So his little legs and feet are what have been poking J when he tries to rest his arm on my belly.

She did all the measurements that she needed and said based on everything he is in the 48th percentile, which she said is good but I don't really know what it means. My fluid level is at 12 which she said is also good.  And based on everything she estimates that he is 5 lbs 7 oz.  Holy crap!  At this rate he's gonna be 8 1/2 lbs by the time he makes his appearance.  When I told my mom this her response was "You were 8 1/2 lbs - payback's a bitch!"  Not funny mom.  J was a little over 9 lbs, though, so I'm probably doomed.  Oh well, as long as he's healthy I don't care.

Here are some pictures from yesterday:

Heart rate of 133

Little profile shot

And definitely still a boy. Our little guy is not shy!


After the u/s we got to meet with my doctor. I thought I was going to have to see one of the midwives because my doctor was supposed to be delivering a baby.  While we were waiting we saw a woman walk by with a tiny baby and J said "Maybe she's done".  I busted out laughing and said they wouldn't be bringing the newborn over here right after delivering it.  It turns out that Dr Evans had some time before needing to go over to the hospital so she met with us.

I did have some white blood cells in my urine so she asked if I felt like I had a UTI. I don't so she said we will just keep an eye on it and if I start to feel like I do to give them a call.

We went over the process for who to call and where to go once I go into labor and we were just finishing up when she got called for the delivery.  Perfect timing.

Later last night I had the 2 hour breastfeeding class.  I didn't make J go with me, but maybe I should have since 3/4 of the people there were couples and only about 5 of us were there by ourselves.  When I texted him that most people had their spouses he said I should have told him, he would've come with me.  It was ok, though. She gave us some handouts, showed us a video with a bunch of info, and then went over everything and answered a bunch of questions.  I was happy I went since it was a lot of good info, but it still intimidates me. I am getting nervous that I won't be able to do it.  J was very interested to hear all about it when I got home and apologized again for not going with me.  I told him he can read all the handouts and get brought up to speed  :)

All in all yesterday was kind of a long day.  I had a bit of a blindside hit with meeting with HR in the morning to discuss maternity leave, but I'll go over that another day.  I'm just so glad today is Friday and that they are coming to measure tomorrow morning for the carpet. Yay progress!

3 comments:

  1. Glad your little man is measuring perfectly! You're getting SO close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarily close! The L&D tour and breastfeeding class really made it hit home that he will be here before we know it. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been wondering how your scan went and I'm so glad that he's doing just fine in there! It is so unfair how much they get to stress us out before they even get here, isn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete